Friday, October 10, 2008

In 27 hours...



In 27 hours, I will officiate my baby sister's wedding. Holy moly.


Bethany met Drew a couple years ago. Drew is a Mokena police officer and for those of you keeping track: my sister is a sergeant on the New Lenox police force and her husband, Ron, is a sergeant in Burbank. So, I have a grand total of 3 cops in the family. Again, I digress.


There has always been something different about Drew from the guys Bethany used to date. He has a quiet confidence about him. He's compassionate and loves Bethany fiercly... What more can a brother ask for? Both my sisters have guys that are deeply in love with them and want to protect and care for them for the rest of their lives.


I've been asked a million times now, "will you keep it together when she comes down the aisle?" and I have to answer only that I think so. I have no idea, but am determined to keep my composure for her. It's HER day, no one else's.


So, I offer only what I can: a prayer. God, blossom a love for these two like that love that Rachel and I share. No honey is as sweet, no oak is as strong, no joy is lacking.


I love you, Bethany. You'll always be my baby sister.

No comments: