Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Thwack!!

This scene is from the beginning of one of the funniest movies ever...

The cat part would give Kelly a cringe: see if you can find it.

Apologies for the "s" word, but it kind of makes the scene.

So, why am I posting this? For a week, my White Sox were the old man that John Cleese's character wants to throw out, but he's still alive. In fact, you'll recognize some of the dialogue from my recent posts.

Well, yesterday, they got "thwacked" by the Tampa Bay Rays (Not, but still, yet not quite "Devil Rays" Rays). Anyway, their season is done, but it was a great ride.

I'm not a loser mentality kind of guy, but I knew they wouldn't go far. Not that they couldn't, but you kind of get a feel for team. Unless, of course, you are a Cubs fan. They don't know what ANY feeling is that comes from their team. But, I digress...

Thanks Sox for a great season. You weren't dead until you were and that was awesome.

(Prediction: White Sox will be in the 2009 World Series...)

GO SOX!!!

No comments: