Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Get Funky...


Funk.
What does "funk" mean anyway? Webster's second noun definition says that funk is; "1 a: a state of paralyzing fear b: a depressed state of mind".
So, I'm in a funk and it ain't so grand.
Career's going good. Family's going pretty good.
Why is life so funky?
Borrowing from someone I know, I'll place myself in biblical company...
By my math, a lot of people have been in some grand funks through time:
Joseph
Noah
Elijah
David
Jonah
Job
Solomon
John the Baptist
Paul
Peter
Oh, and some dude named Jesus.
Why do you think God wants to get us all funky? I think this funkiness should be, gulp, a GOOD thing. Funkiness can be good if it motivates us to take action or become more receptive to that still small voice of God.
Funkiness can be a bad thing to. Some biblical people's funks caused them to never be the same again.
What's the cure for funkiness? Time, I believe. It's the only thing that I've found. If you have any great funkiness cures...please, share.

No comments: