Sunday, September 21, 2008

Is that a heartbeat I hear???

Magic Number: 5

My boys of summer have given me a modicum of hope. After the Bears embarassed themselves AGAIN today, my Sox kept rollin' along. Now, the series we've all been dreading/hoping for has arrived and we're 2.5 games up on the Minnesota Piranhas, uh, Twins.

Surprisingly, I'm looking forward to it. Let's see who wants it more. The sCrUBBIES have been in the lead all summer long and had not had any real chance of losing it. We haven't had the luxury they have of playing in a terrible division of a terrible League. The numbers back that all up (60% winning percentage when the American (i.e., professional) League played the National (i.e.,amateur, girly, inferior(take your pick)) League).

If we win it, we've overcome injury, adversity, and some stupidity to bring ourselves to the playoffs. We may not do anything once we're in it, but we'll at least get there. The other issue is we just won the whole shebang 3 years ago. I now enter this time of year firmly believing we can do it because, well, we just did.

It's gonna be fun!

No comments: