Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yee-Haw!!!













For a while now, I've been intrigued by T. Boone Pickens. First, his name. I wish I had such a cool name. Does he go by T? Boone? Pick? T. Boone? Mr. T? Whatever way - it's a really cool name.

Second, I must admit, I dismissed his plan out of hand. There are some serious issues with wind power. It is really expensive to put up the super-fans: In fact, the megawatt vs. expense to create is not even close to nuclear power.

His plan is really pretty good. His idea is progressive: Use natural gas instead of gasoline. When I worked at Schwan's many years ago, all their trucks ran on natural gas. At the time, the cost was relative. Now, they are at about 1/2 the cost of the other industries. The cool thing is we wouldn't have to go to the gas station to fill up. You would just have an adapter in your garage hooked up to your gas in your home. Obviously, there would have to be the addition of natural gas tanks at regular gas stations, but that is no big deal.

I'm in with the "T-Meister". I think that the sooner this is done the better. If your interested in the entire plan, the link is here.

http://www.pickensplan.com/

It's worth a look... I'm the last person who thought he'd be for going green, but things are lining up that way...

No comments: