Monday, November 17, 2008

Close Call...almost.


Saturday I got a call from my baby sister, Bethany. She told me my mom was being rushed to the hospital and may have had a stroke.

I almost had one. This has been the 10 days from hell. We lose my cousin, Christi gives herself a 4 stitch hole in her head (don't ask 'cuz we don't know), and now this...

Turns out that she did have one, though it was minor. Her BP was 220/130 at one point. Now she can't drive, has to go thru physical and occupational therapy, and will have to make drastic life changes.

I think it scared her as well. She really is still a little loopy. I think we all are.

Pray for quick healing, if you would. She really struggles during these things.

Thanks.

2 comments:

Steph said...

So sorry Jeff...praying for your mom!

Jeff said...

Thanks, Steph. We're praying for you guys as well.

Mom's home and doing OK. She will begin Physical Therapy soon to regain what she lost in the stroke.

Love you guys...